Our client, a publicly traded and global leader in innovative flooring and surfaces is seeking a Director of Product Management for their Hospitality and Offices segment. The position is located in Dalton, Georgia.
The Director of Product Management for Hospitality/Offices Segment will lead all aspects of the company’s efforts in properly defining, managing and executing the strategy to support a product portfolio and go-to-market activities that contribute to the business, brand and financial objectives of the organization in the segment.
This includes the development and execution of voice of customer research, strategic planning, new products, the management and nurturing of existing products and the development of efforts to successfully support the portfolio with all key stakeholders. All efforts and activity will be executed with discipline, clearly owning and executing the Company Stage Gate/Project Management process. This is a collaborative role in which you will work closely with other Market Segment Directors, Executive & Sales Leadership, R&D, Design and Customer Experience in supporting the key strategic initiatives of the businesses and the brand.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform Market Analysis: Assess brand and product portfolio needs and opportunities through a thorough understanding of category, stakeholder needs, competitive field and related opportunities/threats.
- Develop Strategic Plans: Develop the annual strategic plan for the Hospitality/Offices segment, identifying and prioritizing target segments; developing competitive value propositions; articulating product and go-to-market strategies; and business cases to support major investments. Use Pricing Excellence tools to define product portfolio strategies.
- Product Planning & Execution: Manage product managers responsible for developing and executing an annual product plan that supports the business’ strategic efforts. Analyze portfolio performance, competition and market in identifying gaps and opportunities. Gain alignment with Executive Leadership and other Market Segment Directors on initiatives and investment approvals, leading to on-time, in-full new product development.
- Perform Portfolio Analysis: Regularly assess the performance of current product portfolios related to sales and profit growth. Prune and grow portfolio based on performance and opportunity.
- Execute Product & Program Performance/Competitive Analysis: Through regular interaction with other Market Segment Directors, technical/installation team, R&D, sales and customer service, lead product and program managers in assessing company’s offering as compared to direct competitors. Lead the development of recommendations on improvements/changes and manage enhancements.
- Implement Training & Communications: Support product and portfolio initiatives through product and programs management team’s direct and on-going support of sales, distribution and manufacturing network. Provide relevant content and technical expertise to Brand Experience team in the development and execution of support materials for portfolio.
- Achieve New Product Innovation: Work closely with North American R&D in the development of relevant product innovation for market. Aligned with TNA R&D, understand the initiatives and progress of projects within global R&D, identifying local market opportunities and assigning the right support within project management team to execute in North America.
- Carry out Budget Development & Management: In working with Brand Experience Director and R&D, develop and track budget related to the activities defined above. This will include both internal and external resources, material use and collateral support.
- Team Development: Assess skill and experience levels of team members related to demands of position and future roles. Proactively communicate and coach to develop a strong team within an aggressive, end-user focused environment.
- Manage a staff of (2): a Senior Product Manager and a Product Manager
REQUIREMENTS (including educational requirements)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or related discipline. MBA preferable.
- 10-15 years of marketing experience, preferably in an entrepreneurial, fast-growth environment.
- 7-10 years of product management and development experience
- Prior P&L responsibility: $250 to $300 million
- Prior demonstrated success in strategy development, voice of customer research, product management, product marketing and P&L responsibility.
- Demonstrable belief in product/project management process (Stage-Gate or other).
- Strong communication skills with an overall ability to lead in a collaborative environment within cross-functional project teams.
- Strong collaboration, relationship building and consulting skills.
- Strong planning, organizing and change management capabilities.
- Strong bias for action and results focused.
- Proficient in the use of standard business applications software (including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Outlook, and CRM software).
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information to team members, top management, customers, and/or suppliers.
- 25% overnight travel. Some international travel
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The successful candidate will be offered an attractive compensation package including salary, profit sharing bonus and a very comprehensive benefits package.
Contact us about this position